With simply paper and creativity anyone can create art


Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Swirlydoos February Kit Reveal Blog Hop



Welcome to Swirlydoos February Kit Reveal Blog Hop BLOCK PARTY!

If you came here from Paulien's beautiful reveal, then you are on the right track. If not, go back to Swirlydoos' blog and start from there. We have some amazing projects for you to see today and as a bonus we have 2 manufacturer blogs that are joining in the fun! There are 3 prize packs up for grabs so make sure to follow along and have fun! The "Bonjour Mon Doux" kit featuring Kaisercraft's "sweet nothings" collections will not disappoint!

I am so excited to be revealing my first projects on this design team! For my first layout, "True Beauty", this is my daughter when she was one - her first Easter. I was inspired by TCR palette #96 for this layout. I have been dying to play with this gorgeous Kaisercraft collection and Swirlydoos kit and flower add-on was all so amazingly well coordinated and made these projects such a breeze to complete! I love the lace/pearl trim in the kit! Click on image to enlarge.



Here is a close-up of the pretty flowers from the add-on kit. Click on image to enlarge.


For my second project "those eyes", I used the beautiful kit sketch as inspiration. This is a picture of my son's sparkling brown eyes. I paired the Kaisercraft papers with this fantastic teal FabScraps one from the kit. I added a fabulous Dusty Attic chipboard piece from my stash to add depth and pair well with the wood feel of the paper. Click on image to enlarge.


Don't you love that teal flower branch and those cute white flowers with crystals. Those are in the main kit!!! Click on image to enlarge.


For my last layout for today, "giggle", this is me at a year old. Since pink is my favorite color to scrap, this paper collection suited me just fine. I added some Dusty Attic chipboard flourishes from my stash to add more brown and interest to this page. Click on image to enlarge.


Here is a close-up of the more beautiful flowers in the add-on kit. Click on image to enlarge.


You have until midnight, eastern time, on February 10th to complete the hop. Winners will be announced on the Swirlydoos Blog on February 11th. In order to qualify to win here is what you need to do:

1: Visit all of the blogs and leave a comment on each. This way we know you were there. Become a follower if you're not already. Take your time. There are beautiful things to see along the way.

2: Before you leave each blog, look for the “special” words and write it down. Once you have visited all the blogs and collected all the special words, they will create a sentence.

3: Finally, go back to the Swirlydoos blog and leave a comment letting us know how much fun you had AND tell us the sentence that was created with all of the special words you collected.

My special word is :

(yet)

The party now concludes over at the Swirlydoos blog. Hope you had fun!

BTW - I will be revealing 2 more projects made with this beautiful Swirlydoos kit in the coming weeks - so stay tuned!

And... I haven't forgotten about the blog candy I promised - been down with a cold and working on this reveal so I will post it for Valentine's Day :)

107 comments:

Unknown said...

What a debut!!! LOVE your work with this kit. I knew I would be inspired but these are really beautiful.

Paulien van den Bosch said...

You have done an amazing job with this kit. Your pages are soooo BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I'm glad you our one of ours now and yes..... you are the sweetest!!!!!! lol

Lynne Forsythe said...

ohhhhh my worD Vicky....just AMAZING!!

Manda_K said...

LOVE your layouts! Your photos are fabulous, love your style!

Unknown said...

Vicky, your work is just STUNNING.

Michelle said...

I love how you distress the paper's edges, I haven't gotten the nerve yet to do that!

Melissa S. said...

Well Congrats to you on joining the Team and you have done a beautiful job with this kit. Love those eyes and the other pages also. Have a great day.

Elena Olinevich said...

Your works are really fabulous. the edges are fantastic, it is a great job. the flowers are so cute, and the blue background is torn , very interesting.

Beth said...

I love,love dusty attic! This was a wonderful HOP and you ladies are so talented.

Rabbit(Beth)

kantig34 said...

Your "Those Eyes" layout just blew me away! Love your work! TFS!

Margie said...

What sweet, beautiful layouts!! Love all of the embellishments!

Bellaidea said...

uff, I had lots of fun today visiting you all girls, I have to admit i like all places a lot.
I`m not suprise to find beautiful layouts on your blog, it`s why I like to visit you:), best regards!

Merrihew said...

You did amazing work with the kit! Love it! I've had so much fun and have been very inspired on this blog hop!

Cheryl

pala said...

Pretty, Pretty, Pretty!!!

Pascale B. Scrap said...

awesome Vicky! just love what you've done with this kit!

Juliana Montoya - ILuvVintageScrap said...

Gorgeous layout!!!!!! super beautiful love your work!!!! Thank you for sharing :)
HUgs
Juliana

Nicole Doiron said...

I've always been a fan of yours Vicky! I love these layouts - love your distressed work on the chipboard corners! Thanks so much for the inspiration!!!

Lisa said...

Beautiful pages Vicky!!! Gorgeous work!!!

Cheryl said...

Congrats! Beautiful layouts!

Donna H said...

So soft and lovely.

Leslie-kbgirlygirl said...

WOW!! Such beautiful art here!! I am a new follower!

Leslie
kbgir00@yahoo.com
ScrapOfArtDesigns.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Beautiful, beautiful layouts of a gorgeous baby.

Kim said...

Love your layouts, so very soft and pretty.

Carissa said...

Beautiful layouts (and baby!). TFS!

Patty said...

Very nice!!

scrapmanufaktur said...

...so lovely and beautiful pictures. Love your romantic layouts.

Unknown said...

Beautiful page's you have made Vicky.

Cathi ONeill said...

Gorgeous layouts, love them all!

Shona said...

Hi sweetie ...just popping in to say amazing creations :)

Renee77 said...

Absolutely stunning. What beautiful layouts.

JJ Meyer said...

So beautiful! Love those eyes page! Blessings, JJ

Beth said...

So Cute!!! i LOVE these.

Al Hannah said...

Your layout "giggle" photo made me smile ... what a lovely way to start the day, and what a cute photograph. Love all the work featured on your blog :)

VICKI MORRIS said...

loving your soft sweet layouts - very nice :)

Tracie said...

Very beautiful layouts! Happy to be a new follower. Thanks for sharing!

DebiJ said...

It is no wonder you are on the Design Team Vicky - gorgeous work. 'Giggle' is a little fave of mine...you have used the products so beautifully. Lovely to have a little peek at your blog.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous LOs, Vicky. You are a great addition to the Swirlydoos DT. Sorry you haven't been feeling well but hopefully you are on the mend now!

Sandra said...

Great work for your first DT effort. Beautiful, well done.

Unknown said...

Very beautiful layouts.I,m happy to find your blog

Lisa Fowler Windsor, CO said...

Congratulations on your debut Vicky! Your layouts are stunning.

Amy said...

What beautiful work you do! Loving those lusious flowers!

Sandi Smith said...

Beautiful work as always Vicky! Love them all!

Suz said...

adorable creations - beautiful work

Kisha said...

Simply beautiful!

Sherrenae - Sherri said...

Outstanding.

Dee in N.H. said...

Really amazing pages! So beautiful!!!

annemikaeli said...

This is seriously fun, thank you ladies. Such gorgeous work.

Memories by Manda said...

Your creations are gorgeous! I love the rolled back corner on the first one. Thanks for sharing :)

Peggy said...

I can't get over your amazing work with the kit and the stunning images of both of these beautiful babies!!!!
Looking forward to your tutorials for February...

Jackie G said...

Beautiful work!

Kimberly said...

Your pages are beautiful!!!

scrappygal said...

Beautiful layouts!!

Sarah-R said...

Gorgeous layouts Vicky! Your work is always so beautiful and creative!

Renee said...

Wow! Creative overload... :)

Rebecca W said...

Gorgeous layout- I adore the eyes one especially! rlovew1976@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Just simply breathtaking designs, vintage is my favourite, thankyou so much for sharing

marcia said...

Those eyes is a great layout with awesome colors (yes, I love that teal!) but I really like the roses in Giggle. Nice job!

María Castillo said...

Hi Vicky! Your work is simply gorgeous, love it!

Lynn said...

I'm already a huge fan and a follower of your work. Beautiful designs!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous work!!! I'm a new fan of your blog. ;-) Thanks for sharing.

Rebecca Evans said...

love the colours

Sue Allen said...

I love those eyes - stunning!!!

Mandie Meier said...

these layouts make me want to go and create somthing beautiful Thank you

Theresa said...

Great ideas for the kits. already a follower

Rae said...

Vicky, I just adore your style! I love your layouts- so beautiful and inspiring! "Those Eyes" is just amazing! I'm so excited that you are on the Swirlydoos DT!

Tracey Gregory said...

I was already a follower of your lovely work and you did a beautiful job with this kit-I love the "Those Eyes" page the best!

jcm said...

I love your work and "Those Eyes" is beautiful.

Angela said...

All beautiful layouts, but Those Eyes is just gorgeous. Love it all and the blue in it! So pretty.

eyes2theocean said...

Simply beautiful layouts. The doily lends a delicate romantic touch as well. So pretty.

Sar Tann

Leanne4Ever said...

So Pretty! thank you for sharing!!

howo34 said...

Beautiful layout!

Jill said...

thank you for sharing

michaela said...

sweet ones! Michaela

A Mermaidz Tale said...

So feminine, so shabby, so chic! I love it :) so mee :)

Sandydee said...

Cute, cute, cute. Lovely layouts. Love your work.

cvanholstein said...

Very pretty lacy pages, I like your work.
Indeed, a bit shabby and very chique! :)
kind regards, Corina

Margie said...

Thanks for letting me know about the Blog hop! I'm a follower of yours and you've now introduced me to some more very talented ladies!

Tammy said...

Absolutely beautiful Vicky, so glad to have you over at swirlydoos. Love love your work. Tammy

Beth said...

Hopping around checking out all the wonderful blogs! So much to see!

Beth (rabbit)

T Young said...

I started and ended with your blog Vicky. As always, amazing and beautiful pages. I have also fallen in love with your son's eyes :).

Gitte said...

Beautiful work.

Unknown said...

Love the layout very much! Good work!

Myrto said...

You girls have made a great job with this kit!Bravo!

Scrapycandy said...

I really do love teal. And I love the vintage layout. Just a terrific blog! Thank you.

mow180 said...

Those Eyes is just gorgeous. Love it all, your work is so pretty.

Angelica said...

Vicky, it's sooo awesome to have you on our team!! All your pages are so amazing!!

Kristin said...

So pretty!! So many new ideas!

Oh, this new pack will go lovely with my Dutchess collection.. aka my Wedding book! Used Dutchess from KraiserKraft as my colr pallette for my wedding!

Serene said...

I really like that curled upper corner. Oh and you're right. I do love that teal flower spray!

Tammy B said...

Oh my, loved looking at your blog! Beautiful work! TFS!

pooky said...

Congrats on your first projects! You did an amazing job! Love your layouts...beautiful!

Bonnie said...

Everything you make is so elegant!
Love them all Vicky!!
ox

Joelle said...

I'm so happy that you joined the Swirly design team! Your work is a perfect match!! Loving it!

Drea Slee said...

Wow! You did an amazing job with the kit!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pages! I love the flowers!

Nancy S said...

Just beautiful!

Heidi Bound said...

LOVE your layering and distressing! GORGEOUS!

ddcdragonfly said...

I'm getting excited for my kit. Your work is inspiring!

L. Akins said...

Nice layouts!

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely gorgeous. So glad you are a part of the design team!

Maria

Cindy Lou said...

You have Rocked your first time out as a DT member! Your LO's are simply gorgeous, elegant and very detailed. Love them all! Thanks for inspiring!

KerryST said...

Your pages are really beautiful!! My first time participating in a bloghop! Just great xx

Donna in Louisiana said...

Wow!!! I'm not sure there is another word to describe your work!! Love the blog and can't wait to explore the rest of it. Thanks for sharing and inspiring!!

Erica Ortiz said...

Love your LO's! Beautiful work!

Dil said...

gorgeous!

Tina in Texas said...

Can't wait to come back and see more of your beautiful work. I'm a fan! Love it!

berlykim37 said...

Just amazing work...tfs

Anonymous said...

The first LO -Definitely one of the prettiest baby Los I have ever seen, I love the style, layout and wonderful papers, just gorgeous!