With simply paper and creativity anyone can create art


Monday, April 29, 2013

"Sublime" (Meg's Garden/ Dusty Attic)

On this project I have used a combination of beautiful papers from Meg's Garden (The Spring Paisley and Ode to a Summer's day collections). I then added some fabulous Dusty Attic chipboard and Prima flowers as well as resin to frame the photo. Lastly, I balanced the layout by revealing a square doily behind some rolled edges. I just adore the birds on a branch chipboard (DA0594) - perfect to suit this layout scene of my mom on her wedding day (and my grandparents in the background). I also used a the word "sublime" from a mini word pack (DA0476) as my title.


I primed the birds on a branch and title pieces with gesso. Next, I used several chalk inks on the branch starting from light colours to dark until I achieved the natural "look" I wanted. As for the title, the gesso was a perfect match to the resin shutters  - so I left it alone. It created a nice dull white frame around the photo.

This is my final DT project for Mag's Garden. I would just like take this opportunity to thank Meg for letting me serve on this wonderful design team for the past year, it has been a true pleasure!




6 comments:

Sandi Smith said...

So very beautiful Vicky...love it!

Keren Tamir said...

this is so beautiful Vicky!! love the branches on top!!

Adriana B said...

Beautiful layout Vicki, love the little birds in the tree, gorgeous touch......stay in touch, you will be missed at Megs Garden XX :)

Tone-Lill said...

Absolutely awesome. Love how you used the fab papers on this adorable LO.
:)

Lizzyc said...

Gorgeous with a capital G!!

Sandie said...

Have loved your projects for Meg's Garden.... and this one is beautiful too Vicky... hope life is treating you well.