With simply paper and creativity anyone can create art


Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Dusty Attic July Sketch Challenge

Each month we have a fantastic Dusty Attic sketch challenge and the winner gets a great chipboard package prize - link your layout entry on the right side of the DA blog!

This month I decided to pull out some old papers from my stash (G45 and Basic Grey) to complement the lovely sketch. These floral papers were perfect to be embellished with the newest birds on a branch, mini gates and hashtag saying chipboard pieces.

click on images for larger views

Let's start with the beautiful sketch - so inspirational!

I cut the chipboard branch in two and placed the pieces at the top of my page. The branch was finished using Dusty Attic paints (alabaster, forrest, pesto, crushed olive, soot,  hot chocolate). The birds were primed with gesso, inked with pink for the bellies and finished with snow-tex.

The gates were simply randomly splattered with gesso - that's it! The title was primed with gesso and topped with snow-tex. I also added a few Dusty Attic celestial white blooms and some smaller Petaloo flowers (around gates and in the branch).

Thanks for joining today and don't forget to link your interpretation of the monthly sketch on the right side of the Dusty Attic Blog!

Dusty Attic products used:


4 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Oh how gorgeous! I love those old bg papers! Beautiful take on the sketch!

Adriana B said...

such a sweet and gorgeous page

Sorry said...

Thanks for taking time for sharing this article, it was excellent and very informative. It's my first time that I visit here. I found a lot of informative stuff in your article. Keep it up. Thank you...
Cccam Server

Cindy Gay said...

That's pretty Vicky (I remember that paper:)