With simply paper and creativity anyone can create art


Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Cherished (Dusty Attic Chipboard)

This is a layout I made as a gift for a friend, using a stock photo that can be replaced.  I complimented some beautiful Pion Design papers with three gorgeous pieces of Dusty Attic chipboard.  Lots of heavy distressing on this shabby-chic layout too.

click on images for larger views

The first piece of chipboard used was a corner flourish # 1. This is such an elegant flourish and you get 2 pieces per pack!  I simply painted it and then used some grey chalk ink on the edges.

The next chipboard piece is a birdcage #5... again you get 2 of these pretty cages per pack.  I used some white crackle paint and then lightly brushed it over with grey chalk ink to highlight the cracks.

Lastly, I used one of the words from the word pack #1. I inked the the title with grey chalk ink and then painted over it with Dusty in Colour Fine Silver paint.  This paint is so lustrous!


2 comments:

Lisa Landry said...

So innovative and stunning! This is fabulous Vicky!

Lizzyc said...

Sooo beautiful!