With simply paper and creativity anyone can create art


Monday, May 17, 2010

Easier 9 Petal Flower Variation

Here is a variation of the folded flower from my last post (right side). I was bored watching the kids ride their bikes so I grabbed the leftover paper from my tutorial and made up my own variation. Finally something I can take credit for, LOL - and this one is actually easier!

Step 1: Punch out 9 circles and fold them in half with the petal pattern on the outside this time.
Step 3: Fold back top edge of the circle to create the double bloom. Again make sure all your semi-circles are facing the same way when doing this.
Step 4: Ink the edges and glue the petals as in the previous flower, the bottom to the back of another petal until all are added. That's it!
Note: These flowers also work with ovals, you just need a few more petals and it has a "spikier look".


10 comments:

Amanda Sevall said...

Cute flowers!

Miss Mary said...

oh I so want to try this..looks like fun!

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

sweet!

Sarah Bennett said...

Your flowers are awesome! Thanks so much for showing us how to make them!!

Sandy said...

What a cool flower. Soon as I'm done the blog hop, I'm getting to work on some:) Thanks

Melissa said...

Awesome! I'm going to make these for a layout tonight! :)

ms.schwiet said...

here i go finding another favorite

Dr Sonia S V said...

These are so beautiful
Have pinned it here:Flower making Tutorials

MOMOTOM said...

ok

MOMOTOM said...

Reusable craft Art kits: Use fabric pouches, and storage containers for creative storage.