With simply paper and creativity anyone can create art


Thursday, June 9, 2011

One sheet of paper card w/instructions

I did this fun little project for an Ideas for Scrapbookers post about "What can you make with only one sheet of paper?".



Sometimes we only have one sheet of paper left over from a collection or we need a quick card for a last-minute gift. Here is an idea... a pre-loaded gift card holder.

This cute little self-standing purse card was made using only ONE sheet of double-sided Pion Design papers from the "fairytale of Spring" collection... including the handmade flower!


I cut a 12x12 inch sheet to have an 8x12 piece and reserved the left-over 4x12 piece for the card holder and to make the flower. I made my folds, cut the top curve and glued the gift holder (faux stitching explained below) with a stamped "happy birthday" saying. There is plenty of space below for a personal hand-written message too!

Next I glued a piece of ribbon to resemble a clutch style purse and added self-adhesive Velcro to keep closed. I also lightly scraped the paper edge with a distressing tool.

 Then, I added faux stitching by paper piercing and connecting the holes with a fine scrapbooking marker. This is a nice alternative when you don't have a sewing machine handy or if you're like me... don't ever sew anything at all!

 Lastly, with the scraps I made a lily flower using my tutorial and the reverse side of the paper (same as inside the card).  Check out all of the flower tutorials in the right sidebar of my blog - any style of flower would look nice. Tip: make your flower first and let it dry while you are making the card.

Can you believe this card only took me about half an hour to make from start to finish?

14 comments:

Valery Klassen said...

Wow! This is fantastic Vicky. What a great idea. It's beautiful. Thanks for sharing, I must make one of these!

Ana Márquez said...

Really lovely! :-) Thanks for sharing!

~VIRGINIA~ said...

Wonderful card!!! Will have to try this. TFS.

Becky Dunham said...

This is fabulous Vicky! i am always looking for new ways to give gift cards since that seems to be what the kids want these days - that or money :) Either way this will work like a charm. Thanks for the tutorial!

Sandi McLean said...

I adore this kind of resourceful thinking! Will be bookmarking this post - thanks for sharing!

Jolaine Frias said...

Super FAB Vicky! This is so clever and creative! I love the result!

BTW, I posted a link to your Etsy store on a recent blog post but then saw that you're not shipping because of the Postal strike. Let me know if you're OK with my post!

Esti said...

What an awesome idea!! Love the design and with one sheet of paper - too clever!! x x

Ivana Camdzic said...

So beautiful!!! Must give this a try :)

ms.schwiet said...

Pretty and clever

Ulrika aka LillBlomman said...

Love, love your cute purse! Hugs!

KellyCreates said...

Thanks for sharing! This will come in handy for year-end teachers' gifts!

Eila Sandberg said...

My goodness - how clever is this! absolutely stunning! and no way it took you only 30 minutes, looks like a thousand bucks! :)))

Leticia Moren said...

Hallo wish Caín of self-adhesive Velcro do you usted?

Leticia Moren said...

Used!!!