With simply paper and creativity anyone can create art


Friday, March 23, 2012

Easter Treat Boxes (Pion Design/Green Tara)

Can you believe that Easter is just in 2 weeks? OMG I can't start to tell you how April will be so busy for me.  I have 3 kids, ALL with birthdays in April - PLUS Easter too!  If that is not enough, there are also 2 weeks of no school - since I do before and after school care for 3 children other than my own = I get nothing done for the first 2 weeks of April!  THEN, my Dusty Attic shipment is due to arrive soon and there is STILL... income taxes due for my childcare and retail businesses (of course I have procrastinated in order to scrap instead :)  Oh yeah - scrap work for 4 DT's now too!  AHHH!!! It makes Christmas seem like a breeze, LOL.  So please forgive me if I am not around much to visit blogs and galleries next month.  Anyways...

I have made 3 cute little kirigami boxes from my tutorial using beautiful Pion Design papers (a mix of "Studio of Memories" and " Fairytale of Spring" collections) and gorgeous Green Tara Aster flowers and many of their trims. The two paper collections work so very nicely together!


I used the pretty TCR palette #103 that is based on Pion's Fairytale of Spring collection since Pion Design is a sponsor for TCR for March.

Also, Pion's Fairytale of Spring collection is now available in 6x6 (shown below) - recently released after the overwhelming success of the 12x12 size.


Green Tara Products used:
6.5cm Aster Batik Vintage
CODE: FDS029BatV
6.5cm Aster Batik Sunset
CODE: FDS029BatSS
Lace, 1cm Off White
CODE: L3077OW
Bud n Bow 16mm, Pink
CODE: RB6761P
Loop n Tassel 10mm Pink Champagne
CODE: RB9694PC

8 comments:

KellyCreates said...

These boxes are perfect for Easter....BEAUTIFUL!

Ivana Camdzic said...

Vicky, these are simply divine!!!! Loving the 'spring-y' colours!

Shona said...

these are beautiful Vicky. Wish I had that collection it looks so yummy!

Jolaine Frias said...

These are so beautiful and the colors are truly perfect for Easter. Hope things slow down for you soon :)

Eila Sandberg said...

My goodness Vicky, you certainly have a busy schedule! The boxes are really so sweet and pretty! love the combo of Pion and Green Tara, perfect match! xoxo

Gayle Price said...

These are so sweet and delicate and adore the big flowers on top. Simple and elegant. xx

Di Garling said...

Beautiful Vicky. Di xo

Cathy said...

LOVE your pretty Easter boxes Vicky.. the Green Tara flowers are gorgeous!! :))