With simply paper and creativity anyone can create art


Sunday, May 8, 2011

Creative Scrappers #155 Pion Design

Happy Mother's Day! It is also reveal Sunday for Creative Scrappers sketch #155. I have used more of the beautiful Pion Design "fairytale of spring" papers combined with the gorgeous sketch by Amarilys Doria this week. When designing, I actually made a mistake and thought this was the sketch to be revealed on Easter Sunday, hence the bunny paper used. Oh well!

My son has the clearest baby blue eyes and these papers were a great way to highlight this picture.


Here is a close-up of the embellishments. The birds are a K and Co. cardstock pieces that I recently used on a canvas layout as a mask which left me with the perfect blue embellishment for this layout.

The large "Pion" flower is handmade (all my flower tutorials are archived on my blog in the right sidebar) and the little crochet flowers were bought at a local fabric shop.

Here is the lovely sketch and as you can see I flipped it to better suit my layout.

Be sure to check out the rest of the team reveals over on the Creative Scrappers Blog!

4 comments:

Gail said...

Hi Vicky; love the distressed work on your layout and the peekaboo bunny. The colours are and textures are all so pleasing to the eye! Absolutely gorgeous!

Cindy Gay said...

Very sweet. I love the Peter Rabbit peek a boo!

Eila Sandberg said...

Just adore your large blue flower and especially so together with the cute crocheted flowers. How clever to recycle the K&Co birds, look like they were made for your layout, just so pretty! and wow your little man does have the bluest of eyes, one little charmer in bud there me thinks. What an unusal format for the doily, is it really square?! as to the pps, we both just L-O-V-E them so I'll just sigh and keep backtracking your blog for some more. xxx

liana suwandi said...

hi vicky, thanks for hopping at my blog :)