With simply paper and creativity anyone can create art


Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Turn tags into cards (Helmar/Pion Design)

Last year I made these Pion Design paper tags as gift toppers for my two boys (aged 6 and 8 then) using the "Waiting for Santa 2" collection. Rather than throw them out after Christmas, I decided to save them and turn them into masculine cards for this year (for those times when you're in a hurry for a card :)  I used Helmar Premium Craft glue to adhere the tags to a beautiful piece of Core'dinations core-impressions cardstock (a Helmar preferred partner) and used their "Sand it Gadget" for a perfect fine grit sanding of the embossed clocks.


I covered the tag holes with brown bows and tucked plain white petal flowers to embellish a bit more.

On this one I tucked an extra flower petal layer in the corner too.

Check out the Helmar blog from now through November 10th for awesome creations from the design team using Core'dinations products!

4 comments:

Keren Tamir said...

Love these Vicky!! thanks for the email the other day!! I got some great stuff at Scrapbooker's Paradise!!

Lizzyc said...

Wonderful idea! great cards!!

Gayle Price said...

These are really beautiful ! I love how you have used the simple white flowers so effectively. Gorgeous cards. xx

Eila Sandberg said...

Ahhh! aren't you just so clever Vicky! Totally agreeing, these are really beautiful! love the red accent on each card, together with the white it makes everything just pop gorgeously. Totally snowed under at work at the mo. Our company is laying off 2000 employees, horrible for people to know before X-mas and all. I'm not affected thank God. How are things over there? Mwah!